Panasonic’s new Toughbook 20 2-in-1 tablet and laptop was designed to cater for customers who operate in a wide range of challenging environments. Billed by Panasonic as the world’s first fully rugged detachable laptop, its highly engineered design makes it totally reliable in the most demanding and critical conditions.
An undisputed industry leader in mobile computers that are innovative and exceptionally reliable, Panasonic has ensured that this new tough baby will deliver not only the usual reliability, durability and performance of its devices, but the company has also added functionality and flexibility.
With market release scheduled for February 2016, the Toughbook 20 is purpose-built, and aimed at those working in fields where a highly mobile solution is required. It will be ideal for field workers, and those dealing with everything from healthcare, public safety and defense, to oil and gas, utilities, transportation and logistics, as well as those working in the insurance sector.
Describing the new Toughbook 20 as a “truly customer-driven solution,” the company’s vice president of its North American Business Mobility Group, Jan Ruderman says this exciting new design was a result of customers constantly pushing boundaries in terms of their mobile device needs. In a nutshell, he says, The Toughbook 20 is a highly mobile, single rugged device that is able to provide users with all advantages offered by fully functioning tablets and laptops.
The Top 20 Benefits of the Panasonic’s Toughbook 20
Ultimately the new Toughbook 20 2-in1 mobile computer combines the very best features of a tablet and a traditional laptop.
- It has been designed with its users in mind, to meet the needs of those who need it to perform.
- It features the power required to get challenging jobs done in critical environments, including sixth generation Intel Core vPro processor technology.
- Durability is proven with the design meeting top standards: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461F, and IP65.
- Advanced security includes fingerprint readers for dual-factor authentication, insertable or contactless SmartCard readers, and dual Kensington lock slots to secure the tablet and the keyboard.
- It offers a flexible solution with six usage modes suitable for virtually any environment or situation.
- The operating system is tops: Windows 10 Pro with an option to downgrade to Windows 7.
- Excellent graphics provided by Intel HD Graphics 515.
- Its portability is set to become legend. The tablet weighs just 2.1 lbs and the whole device weighs 3.9 lbs.
- It is able to capture large amounts of data reliably.
- It sets the standard for reliability and ruggedness meeting top standards for electromagnetic interference, drop, shock, temperature, humidity, rain and sand, vibration, explosive atmosphere and waterproof and dustproof ingress.
- The design of its magnesium alloy case is top quality and includes a built-in handle making it easy to carry. It also features a kickstand that is ideal for desktop stability.
- The laptop has been purpose-built for mobile workers and it boasts a number of unbeatable features including a 10.1” sunlight-viewable display and a backlit keyboard that is 16 percent bigger than the previous Toughbook 19.
- Cameras are exceptional. It has a standard 2 MP webcam and an optional 8 MP rear camera that is ideal for field workers.
- Battery life is very good, and there is a battery with the laptop and tablet. You can add another battery in the keyboard dock as an optional extra.
- An optional bridge battery enables users to hot sap batteries and operate the device continuously. A second battery (also optional) can be swapped between the keyboard dock, where it is located, and the tablet.
- There are a number of other optional features that provide additional versatility critical for many field workers. These include a 1D/2D-capable barcode reader, a magstrip reader, and a 4G LTE multi-carrier modem or dedicated GPS.
- There is a good selection of accessories that can be used with the device including vehicle docks, carry cases, and a rotating hand strap.
- Replaceable items are widely available. These include waterproof stylus pens, protective screen films, tethers, and AC adapters and batteries.
- The starting price for the new Panasonic Toughbook 20 is $3,099 making it affordable.
- All devices carry a standard three-year limited warranty.
So is the Toughbook 20 tough? It’s got to be!