Military personnel on the move need mobile computing options that won’t fail, especially when they are out on a limb away from any form of support system. This is why rugged, lightweight military Toughbooks/Toughpads are the first choice for armed forces both during peacetime and when they are fighting wars.
Whether personnel are in the army, marines or air force, durability, performance and security of mobile devices is paramount. Ordinary laptops, tablets and cellular phones are unsuitable for military use, primarily because they simply cannot withstand extreme conditions and harsh handling.
An ordinary mobile device will shatter if dropped from any height, and will stop working if used in the rain, in a dust storm or in conditions where temperatures fluctuate radically. But fully rugged military Toughbooks/Toughpads are made to withstand being dropped, spilt on, and will operate reliably in the harshest of environments, both wet and dry. They also feature wi-fi that is embedded, and have options that will provide connectivity that is always on. Security is also a priority.
The Best Toughbooks and Tougpads for Military Use
Panasonic has a wide range of reliable, rugged mobile computers and tablets that work exceptionally well for those in the military. These include not only the latest models that have been manufactured to meet the needs of military personnel in the field, but also older models that have stood the test of time.
Some of the most suitable military Toughbooks/Toughpads include the:
- Toughbook 31 that boasts the world’s most rugged notebook design. Weighing in at 7.9 lbs, it boasts desktop-class performance and a battery that will keep working for 18 hours. This mobile device is guaranteed to go the distance with any soldier, any time.
- Toughbook 54 that is thinner and lighter than any of the other models. Even though it is only a semi-rugged laptop, its versatility and integrated features make it a highly suitable military option.
- Toughpad FZ-B2 which is both rugged and, because it is the smallest Toughpad tablet, more portable than any other mobile device. It weighs only 1.2 lbs, and features wi-fi with GPS, and Bluetooth. Durability is proven for this military standard tablet.
- Toughpad FZ-M1. Also tested to military standards, and weighing just 1.2 lbs. Its bridge battery allows for hot-swap battery replacement that gives it the ability to be used continuously.
- Toughpad FZ-G1, another military standard tablet that is light and fully rugged. This model is favored by the military because it enables warfighters to stay combat-ready with the best communication capabilities. It also performs reliably in even the most severe conditions.
The Ultimate Military Toughbooks/Toughpads
New and exciting, the Toughbook 20 is the very first full rugged laptop in the world that is detachable, converting to a 10.1-inch tablet. A little heavier than Panasonic’s military-grade Toughpads (see above), this unique military-standard Toughbook is proving popular with the US military. Its rugged mobility provides a powerful, durable mobile computing solution that allows for maximum uptime.
While the laptop with keyboard weighs in at 3.9 pounds, the tablet on its own weighs only 2.1 lbs.
BuyTough New and Used Military Toughbooks/Toughpads
Mooring Tech Inc’s BuyTough operation gives customers direct access to the best possible new and refurbished semi-rugged and military grade Toughbooks and Toughpads. Contact us for information about suitable products for your military and other operations.