Panasonic’s hugely popular semi-rugged Toughbook CF-54 has been upgraded to make it faster and better than ever before. Among other things, connectivity has been enhanced, and its graphic capabilities substantially improved over the previous CF-53 model.
The Original Toughbook CF-54
Tested to comply with cutting edge military standards, the 14-inch CF-54 first made its appearance on the market in February 2015. Available in four slightly differently configured models, it was dubbed the world’s thinnest, lightest semi-rugged laptop in its class. Ideal for a range of different industries from automotive diagnostics to police and military, it offered an impressive number of optional upgrades that users could choose to customize the device for their own unique needs.
Established as a flexible, purpose-built mobile solution for those working in semi-rugged environments, it incorporates the power and ability of the best desktop computers. It is recognized as one of the best notebooks for mobile professionals and is popular in many enterprise businesses. It is also the laptop of choice for many local and federal agencies.
And now it’s even better and considerably more powerful than it was originally!
Key Updates of the Toughbook CF-54
Catering to the needs of workers who need a semi-rugged device in field services, utilities, automotive and insurance industries, as well as government and public safety, Panasonic launched the new upgraded Toughbook CF-54 in July 2016.
Panasonic retained the four model options – Lite, Prime, Gloved Multi Touch, and Performance – each of which has its own signature features, as well as the many common features shared by the basic CF-54 design.
Already slimmer, lighter, and more powerful than most, the upgraded Toughbook CF-54 features five key updates:
- Faster Processor The upgraded Intel Core i5-6300U vPro processor operates at 2.4 GHz, or even faster, up to 3.0 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost technology. If that’s not good enough, an Intel Core i7 processor option is also available.
- Updated Operating System The new CF-54 operates with Windows 10 Pro though it can be downgraded to Windows 7 Professional.
- Enhanced WiFi Connectivity CF-54 connectivity has always been good, but now it’s better with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, dual pass-through antenna for WWAN/GPS, and Bluetooth 4.1 (Class 1). Previously it operated with Intel wifi 802 and Bluetooth 4.
- More Powerful Graphics Processor While Intel HD Graphics 520 come standard with three of the models, the Performance features the superb AMD FirePro M5100 graphics that more than doubles the graphics performance.
- New Options Now in addition to the stylish touch screen stylus pen and stylus tether, users have the option of a stylus pen holder too.
The Toughbook CF-54 support RAID mirroring for user applications that need exceptionally high performance and is also available with dual-storage drives to expand storage capacity.
If you like the idea of increases your power with the new, hugely powerful upgraded Toughbook CF-54, contact Mooring Tech for more information. We are here to help.